last minutes safaris from zanzibar
one day safari in tanzania
One day safari from Zanzibar. This full day trip starts from Zanzibar or Dar es salaam with a flight departs at 7:30am.
1 day Day $ 450 pp
Day safari from Zanzibar to Selous
Selous Game Reserve is a huge area of protected wilderness that has remained untouched for 1,000 of years, explore this park on a day trip safari starting from Zanzibar.
The Selous is the biggest game reserve and one of the favourite game viewing areas in Africa. Covering a full area of about 54,600 km2, almost six percent of Tanzania land surface, is amongst the biggest protected wet wilderness area in Africa, Selous game reserve placed in South of Tanzania and 4 times the size of Serengeti.
The Selous game reserve is the size of the Switzerland. A big area of the reserve is drained by the Rufiji River. There are over two-thousand species of plant, over 430 species of birds, and sixty species of mammals, lots of wildlife including leopard, lions, Buffalos, Hippos, and Crocodiles.
Further, there is also a big number of Nile Crocodile, and 350 species of birds, including the common Udzungwa forest patridge and the rufous-winged sunbiard.
Because of the top density and species diversity, the Selous Game Reserve is a natural habitat of amazing significance for in-situ conversation of biological diversity.
7:30 AM: Depart from either Dar es Salaam or Zanzibar
9: 30 AM: Arrival at Selous Game Reserve
10:00 AM : Game Drive
1:00 PM: Lunch
5:00 PM: End of Game Drive
7:30 PM: Depart back to Dar es Salaam or Zanzibar
- Be amazed at the many amazing species of birds
- See Hippopotamus, Rhinoceros, Crocodiles and much more
- Admire the charming African elephants
- View a best range of wildlife and flora
- Meals (breakfast & lunch)
- Flight from Zanzibar airport and return
- All current government levies and taxes
- All game drivers viewing in a custom built 4x4 safari land cruiser
- All park and entrance fees
- Bottled water in safari vehicles
- Office assistant
- Professional English speaking guide/drive during the safari
- All national park fees
Package not included:
- Flight to and from Tanzania
- Soft drinks and alcoholic
- Optional activities
- Visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc
- Any other items of personal nature, telephone, laundry, and postage